Wow, July felt soooo long.
There are only 4 weeks in one month but why did July feel like it would stretch on forever? I was swamped with so much work and my calendar was always full, so most of my personal goals had to take a back seat.
- I started working on a big (and urgent) project for my team! I’ve only been in the company for 6 months but I’m already being trusted to work on projects like this. It’s a huge honor, for sure!
- But then, working on so many things has caused me to isolate myself from my colleagues. I rarely get to talk to them anymore and I feel bad about it.
- Had my career development meeting with my manager. I’m glad to know that I’m doing well so far, and that’s inspiring me to keep on pushing on to be better!
- Ditched my planner and desktop calendar, and went all-digital as part of my life decluttering journey!
- Bought some Udemy courses for my music and data science education!
- Started going to the gym! I signed up for the gym in the same building as my office so that it’s accessible. NO EXCUSES!
- Also started playing badminton every Saturday with my friends! It’s still a bit hard to settle into this routine because I hate waking up early, but I’m getting there.
- FINALLY started to drive all by myself! It’s actually less scary than driving with a passenger. So far, I’m only driving every Saturday, but once I become more comfortable with driving, I’ll start driving to work.
- Watched Family History, a Filipino drama-comedy film. I don’t usually watch movies but I was so curious about this one… and it didn’t disappoint! I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry while watching the movie because it was so funny and emotional at the same time!
- Watched Westlife: The Twenty Tour in Manila! I’ve already seen this concert in London, but I still went ahead and watched this one in Manila! The London show was visually stunning but seeing it with the Manila crowd was much more enjoyable 😉
- I’ve been trying to get back to gaming by reviving our old game consoles (Wii and PS3). I’m enjoying myself so far and I’m so happy that I’m rediscovering the fun in gaming! And also, I’ve realized that I don’t necessarily need the latest and greatest console to be happy – I still have tons of games in my library waiting to be played so I’ll deal with those first!
August: Things I’m looking forward to
- My very first speaking engagement! (I’m so nervous!)
- My one week KonMari leave. I can’t wait to clean my room and set up my home office!
- Getting back on track with my personal goals.