May was… a blur. Everything felt so fast, but only because I was busy with so many things that I didn’t even notice that it’s already June (hence the late entry).
Well, I’m gonna keep this short and sweet.
- One of my co-workers (who happens to be my mentor in my current sector) has left the company, which meant more responsibilities on my part since I was the one who took over some of her tasks.
- Finished working on our current priority task ahead of schedule…
- …which enabled me to help out with other projects and increase my visibility within the team.
- Participated in my first sector meeting without my mentor, which was super nerve-wracking! It didn’t help that I needed to talk about the project I was working on, but luckily they were pretty receptive and non-judgmental.
- Had a mini-reunion with my cousins after 2 years of not seeing each other ❤️
- Passed the Civil Service Exam ⭐️
- Permed my hair… again! I’m so tired of straight hair haha XD
- Officially recovered from vocal nodules, as confirmed by my ENT 👍🏻
- Archie Unlimited – it’s kind of like Netflix but for the Archie Comics digital library, comprising of comics from 1940s to the present. This is definitely the best way for me to [re-]read comics without sacrificing valuable storage space2
- Detective Pikachu – watched this with J and felt my inner child explode with happiness 😍
- CargoFish – a fish and chips place3 in Bonifacio Global City, near the British School. I like their Ortigas branch better though!
June: Things I’m looking forward to
- My London trip!!! 🇬🇧
- Seeing Westlife again after 7(!) years ❤️
- Donating all my KonMari’d books to a local public school 😊
- We need to use British English for work. I must have taken things too seriously during training, because I’m finding that I now write using the British way of spelling even outside work! I am so confused XD ↩
- My sister already gave away most of my comic book collection, majority of which is comprised of old Archie Comics. Although comics still spark joy in me, I don’t intend to repurchase the issues that were given away, nor do I want to restart my collection. I’ve found that I don’t necessarily need to have the physical comic in my hand in order to enjoy reading. But more on that later. ↩
- My mom craved for fish and chips last Mother’s Day, which explains how I ended up knowing about this place. ↩